Environmental Technical Advisor
Jobs at:SeaOwl Group
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Rwanda , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The project has conducted numerous engineering, environmental and social studies, developed E&S management strategies and submitted two ESIA’s for approval to two separate governments as well as Project management plans and consolidated the two ESIAs into a summary document. The IESC (an environmental social consultant) will perform a critical review of the ESIA’s, engineering documents, routing studies, environmental and social management system to determine the projects compliance with their interpretation of the IFC performance standards, based on the Equator principle v.4. Upon review, the lender may request EACOP to perform additional E&S studies.EACOP must prepare to surrender the engineering, E&S documents and challenge the IESC interpretation of the PS’s (when they differ from EACOPs) and defend the routing, engineering, environmental and social decisions made by the project.
This role will include the support to EACOP Financing, Environment and Social/Land departments including the following:
• Manage the IESC due diligence process
• Liaison with IESC – video conference and face-to-face (where necessary) meetings, telephone conferences, email exchanges,
• Preparation of documents and presentations for IESC,
• Co-ordination of IESC queries and responses and action tracking,
• Organize IESC route verification field visit(s),
• Liaise with upstream (as associated facilities) for IESC due diligence,
• Review of IESC documentation,
• Co-ordinate EACOP review of IESC due diligence report.
• Provide services for the lender Group E&S liaison
• Lender group liaison – video conference and face-to-face (where necessary) meetings, telephone conferences, email exchanges,
• Preparation of documents and presentations for lender group,
• Organize lender group field visit(s),
• Co-ordinate EACOP responses and action tracking,
• Manage development of lender-specific documentation produced by E&S consultants,
• Manage EACOP input to lender disclosure process,
• Input (environmental) to project financing agreement,
• Involvement with lender stakeholder meetings.
• Environment & Social
• Provision of a gap analysis of Project status with respect to lender requirements,
• Provision of advice on requirements and content of project systems, procedures and plans,
• Assist with the development of plans for external project evaluation and monitoring,
• Stakeholder liaison,
• Input to EPCM contractor tender process,
• Interaction with EACOP engineering team and EPCM contractor,
• Contribution to construction planning with respect to lender requirements,
• Follow-up on SENVID actions.
• Assist EACOP with all activities related to ESIAs including the critical habitats assessments
• Context and environment
• This position’s focus is on lender due diligence and implementing systems and tools for environmental performance and compliance with lender expectations in line with applicable timelines.
• Compile and submit detailed project data for IESC review, manage the reconciliation of data gaps and defend Project where IESC interpretations differ from EACOP interpretations.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental management or any closely related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
• Working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards.
• Working knowledge of Equator Principles 4.
• Experience in the compilation of environmental social impact assessments.
• Working knowledge on GHG emissions calculations.
• Can determine and track applicability of environmental tasks and data as related to applicable standards/requirements.
• Experience in preparation and implementation of Environmental Management Systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://application.careerbuilder1.eu