Engineer 1 - Metallurgy (17101)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineer 1 - Metallurgy.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time.
Department: Process Plant.
Reporting to: Engineer 3 – Comminution & Water Management.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to provide technical and metallurgical support with regards to plant operations and ensure that the plant achieves maximum metallurgical efficiency.
BSc Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a tertiary institution.
At least four years hands-on experience in a Gold Processing Plant.
Registration with the Tanzania Engineers’ Registration Board (ERB) is an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Promote safety and safe work practices
• Perform activities aimed at achieving metallurgical efficiency on the processing plant
• Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly metallurgical accounting reports
• Design and conduct metallurgical optimization test work and other short term metallurgical projects
• Develop and Perform metallurgical sampling exercises and metallurgical instruments calibrations
• Develop and monitor the plant operating parameters for optimal plant performance
• Develop data log sheets and Plant operating procedures as per metallurgical requirements
• Monitor and optimize process plant reagents and consumables
• Compile and interpret metallurgical statistical data for reporting.
• Conduct inspections and take part in audits at the Process Plant and related facilities per company policies.
• Conduct metallurgical inventory measurements and unit controls
• Conduct plant performance reviews to all metallurgical unit operations
• Train Metallurgical technicians and others to ensure they perform effectively
• Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by supervisor.
• Sound experience with technical aspects of the comminution systems (crushing & grinding)
• Strong background in Carbon-In-Leach Gold Processing Plant and Gravity unit operations will be an advantage.
• Skilled with Elution and Electrowinning systems
• Hands on experience and knowledge in metallurgical Accounting and reporting systems
• Thorough understanding to the Metallurgical test works and Laboratory management.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of International Cyanide Management Code (ICMC) relating to Metallurgical operations.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, database management etc.
• Skills with water treatment plants and general water Balance Management.
• Plant Operations supervisory skills.
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Engineer 1 - Metallurgy”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 21st September 2021 at 5:30 PM
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=0w96YaxVG3wT1vVrmjICICcPksw%252fxOGPuC1JfwIhfyo%253d
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.