Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Jobs at:CRDB Bank
Deadline of this Job:
01 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CRDB Bank PLC is looking for a suitable person to fill a vacant position of Chief Operations Officer (COO) in the Executive Office at the Head Office, in Dar es Salaam
Reporting to Group Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, COO is responsible for managing all operational activities, ensuring delivery of timely, reliable, quality and secured services to customers, while ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance to the bank’s policies and procedures. .
• Developing actionable business and operational plans that are in line with the Bank’s medium and long-term business strategic objectives.
• Setting and cascading comprehensive goals for business performance and sustainable growth.
• Examining current business processes, identifying areas for improvement and making necessary changes to increase efficiency, promote compliance and reduce operating costs.
• Directly overseeing banking operations (back office), analysing and reporting on the achievement of the overall objectives.
• Overseeing and managing the Bank’s three subsidiaries overall operations to ensure effective optimisation, coordination and efficiency.
• Managing ICT investments and expenses to ensure that the bank realises its digital transformation, data security, customer experience and operational efficiency goals.
• Developing and implementing business continuity strategy, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for strategic workspace planning and ensuring the availability of facilities in line with service level agreements.
• Ensuring that business change projects are delivered within time and budget.
• Developing and overseeing adherence to policies, procedures to ensure compliance with national and international regulations and taking corrective action when necessary.
• Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness and efficiencies of Bank’s operations and internal support services.
• Building a culture that is inclusive and fosters teamwork, high integrity, and strong ethics in order to facilitate excellent customer service.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key customers, collaborators, promoters, partners, vendors, shareholders and stakeholders.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business, Technology, Engineering, Economics, Project Management or related field.
• 10 years of proven experience in managing enterprise-wide operations or relevant role in a medium to a large entity.
• Understanding of business functions such as banking operations, ICT, business continuity, facilities management etc.
• Demonstrable competency in strategy execution.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Outstanding leadership capabilities i.e. leading change, building strong teams and coaching for performance improvement.
• Excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem-solving skills.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree in Business
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to the below email with a clear subject of the position applied for not later than 1st May 2020. Hard copies will not be accepted. Email: [email protected]