SoCha LLC is preparing a response to provide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning services to the USAID/Tanzania Mission under the anticipated MEL Support Platform Activity. The proposed objectives of the MEL Support Platform are to assist the Mission with strategy and activity level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s technical offices and implementing partners. The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity building agenda for the Mission by developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the Mission as well as providing skills development to Mission staff.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified individual to fill the role of Chief of Party. The Chief of Party position will be full-time, based in Dar es Salaam and is contingent on funding.
Scope of Work:
The Chief of Party (COP) will serve as the leader of the project team. S/he will be responsible for the overall implementation and management of the USAID/Tanzania MEL Support Platform. S/he will:
- Provide strategic direction and managerial oversight of the project.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, analysis, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID, implementing partners, host country officials, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of all contract deliverables.
- Responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Responsible for management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor’s implementation, progress and quality of performance in meeting the required tasks.
- Ensure cost effective management, identifying issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner.
- Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the project budget as well as USAID policies and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing countries, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, economics or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance monitoring and data collection methods, evaluation designs, knowledge management, and/or adaptive management processes is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale international donor MEL projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-cultural project teams with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Working experience in East Africa or similar developing country context.