Business Process Engineer
Jobs at:Absa Group Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Drive the Business Process Engineering strategy for the Bank and set strategic objectives for each key process category to drive improved customer experience across our customer segments. Identify key processes for review to transform customer experience. Manage and monitor critical Key Value Drivers (KVDs) related to business processes. Drive cross-functional engagement to ensure customer centricity is employed in the implementation, review, and day-to-day running of business processes. Work with other Business teams to understand key processes impacting customers and areas of improvement. Re-design processes to eliminate gaps, bottlenecks, wasted efforts and improve on efficiency. Ensure the implementation of processes that satisfy customers` requirements as well as achieve the company’s` objective. Maintain up-to-date local and global market and industry data on business processes, to aid in advising the business on best processes for adoption. Adapt to market conditions and changes; be innovative, efficient, customer centric and be profitable. Implement governance, risk, compliance, and control in line with Absa’s group policies.
• Business Processes Review & Optimisation – 70%
• Drive the radical redesign of core business processes across the Bank, to drive improved productivity, turn-around times (TATs) and quality of output.
• Working with technology, identify opportunities for the implementation of new technologies to enhance processes.
• Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure clear end-to-end processes are defined and documented for each customer persona.
• Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure differentiated service delivery across key customer segments e.g., Premier, Prestige, Business Club, Youth and Women
• Ensure appropriate process enhancements are done as part of proposition design, re-design or development.
• Analyse the major root causes for customer complaints and address the causes related to processes, to close off gaps and pain-points.
• Ensure up-to-date local and global market and industry data on business processes is maintained, to aid in advising the business on best processes for adoption.
• Monitor Market and Customer Trends and identify opportunities for business processes improvement.
• Spend enough time with the frontline colleagues, customers, and the marketplace, to understand customer needs, pain-points, and emerging market trends.
• Stakeholder Engagement and Management – 20%
• Proactively drive collaboration with varied stakeholders (BU/Functional/External) to enrich and enhance execution of deliverables.
• Liaise and ensure timely delivery from Change, Operations & Technology teams for development or review of processes.
• Liaise with Business departments to ensure processes review and management is embedded as part of each Department’s story.
• Accountability: Governance, Risk & Controls – 10%
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
• Ensure compliance with operations risk and rigor requirements e.g., KYC and anti-money laundering measures.
• Conduct any regular quality checks on processes, including Crisis Management, systems, reviewing control reports, etc.
• Ensure that all Absa Africa procedures are followed.
Technical Skills & Competence
• Strong people management and leadership skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Project/ Process tracking and management
• Essential to be innovative and pro-active
• Results orientation and self-drive
• PC Skills: Microsoft Office & Excel, Power Point expertise is a must
Knowledge and Expertise
• Lean Six Sigma (Minimum Green Belt Certification)
• Sound knowledge of Absa Africa product, systems, procedures, and policies.
• Basic knowledge of Banks lending criteria in the Business and Personal sectors and the products and services relating to them.
• Basic knowledge of banking systems, procedures, customer relationship management as well as value chain management and Process facilitation workshops
• Basic knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management Framework with regards to risk identification and pro-active risk solution provision
• Business process management and solutions provision
• Business process re-engineering, analysis, modelling and procedure writing
• Performance and Stake holder Management
• Project Management
• Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ABSAcareersite/job/Business-Process-Engineer_R-15931476-1