Jobs at:Kibaigwa Water Supply
Deadline of this Job:
18 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kibaigwa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KIBAWASA) is a Public Water Utility responsible for the overall operations and management of Water Supply and Sanitation services at Kibaigwa Township in Kongwa District Council, Dodoma Region.
KIBAWASA was established under the auspices of the Water works Ordinance Cap. 281 Section 3 (1) as amended by Act No. 8 of 1997 and reviewed by Water and Sanitation Act No. 05 of 2019. It was declared an autonomous entity by order of the Minister responsible for Water Sector on 22nd May 2015 and published in the Government Gazette GN. 203. It has a mandate to supply water and provide sanitation services within Kibaigwa Township Authority.
Reports to: Utility Manager .
• Controls and manages debtors and creditors accounts, issues debtors and creditors analyses and recommends action to be taken.
• Prepares financial reports in accordance with the Management Information System.
• Verifies fixed assets and reconcile the same between general ledger and fixed asset register.
• Prepares monthly payroll and statutory returns.
• Prepares and checks the accuracy and completeness of payment vouchers, journal vouchers and other accounting records.
• Prepares draft financial statements and schedules for audit purposes in accordance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Oversees effective application of accounting procedures and internal control.
• Ensures that all revenue and expenditure transactions are properly accounted for and appropriately recorded and reported.
• Prepares and maintains register of accountable documents.
• Prepares and reviews periodically accounting policies, procedures, controls and guideline.
• Ensures compliance with Financial Regulations and Accounting Manual.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualifications with understanding of International
• Accounting Standards; Must be computer literate.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
TERMS FOR THE POST
Unspecified Period of time.
AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS
Should not be above 45 years of age.
The post carries attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications.
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before or on 18th April, 2020.
“Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply
P. O. BOX 102
KIBAIGWA – KONGWA.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW; AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESSFUL