3 Credit Officers
Jobs at:Barrick Group
Deadline of this Job:
05 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In this role, your duties will include meeting with clients to set up the loan application process, gathering required financial documentation, and approving or denying loan requests based on your financial calculations.
To ensure success as a credit officer, you should have excellent financial acumen and the ability to accurately interpret financial data to make life-changing decisions. Ultimately, a top-notch credit officer should display exceptional business prowess, as well as strong knowledge of loan procedures and best practices according to financial laws and regulations. .
• Meeting with clients interested in taking out a loan and providing them with the necessary information to start the loan application process.
• Collecting the needed financial documentation and assessing the clients' creditworthiness.
• Calculating and analyzing the risk ratios of clients based on their credit score and financial history.
• Approving or denying loan requests, and communicating your decision to both clients and management.
• Setting up payment plans for clients explaining monthly instalment amounts, interest rates, and other costs.
• Maintaining records of loan applications by using loan management software.
• Managing loan renewals by organizing follow-up meetings with clients.
• Monitoring the progress of the loan application process and relaying any hindrances to clients.
• Ensuring that loan applications are in line with the company's financial policies, as well as state laws and regulations.
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Bachelor in accounting, finance, banking, business, or a similar field.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience as a credit officer.
• Excellent knowledge of loan application procedures and best lending practices according to Tanzania laws and regulations.
• Ability to work with loan management software, such as Lendstream, CreditOnline, and FileInvite will be added advantange
• Strong communication skills and proven customer service experience.
• Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work with complicated financial data.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong ethical behavior and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email: [email protected]
And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,