2 Sub Editors – The Citizen
Jobs at:Mwananchi Communications Limited
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of: Sub Editor – The Citizen .
To edit features articles, write captions, place pictures and write headlines in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Full Job Description
• Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub-Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
• Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
• Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
• Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
• Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
• Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
• Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
• Assists the product editor to ensure deadline pullout is compiled to plan
• Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careers.mcl.co.tz/home/job/preview/66