Jobs at:people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below: .
Location : Unguja 1 Mtwara 1
Transport staff and bank properties and a safe and comfortable manner
Education and Experience:
• Ordinary Certificate of Secondary School Examination (Form – IV) issued by the National Examinations Council with minimum of Division IV.
• Driving Certificate or Certificate of Advanced Driveling will be given priority
Key skills and Competencies:
• Possession of a clean Class C driving license
• Driving experience of at least three years
• Having knowledge of Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive Bank vehicle carefully to ensure safety of the vehicle and passengers • Keep record of logbook for all trips made
• Report promptly to the supervisor on all abnormalities that may occur to the vehicle
• Keep safely the vehicle’s accessories, such as keys, jacks, spare tyre, spanners, etc.
• Carry out minor repair problems to the vehicle and report major ones to the supervisor
• Always ensure that first aid kit is available in the vehicle
• Perform any other duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor
Terms of Service
• Three (3) years contract (Renewable)
Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: – • An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
• Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
• Two recent passport size photograph
• Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
• Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted not later than 11th September, 2020.