Primary and Secondary Teachers
Jobs at:The School of St Jude
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The School of St Jude 2020 .
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduate’s access to higher education. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Who are you
• A highly-motivated teacher with excellent attention to detail, who loves working with students and can facilitate a holistic learning curriculum.
• You are able to develop, monitor and evaluate lesson plans, schemes of work, lesson notes and examinations.
• You understand the importance of ECA’s (Extra Curricular Activities) and can inspire and mentor students to participate.
• A responsible and hard-working person who enjoys taking on extra duties such as being on duty, leading assembly, guiding projects and being a member of various school committees.
• You strive for academic and moral excellence and encourage students to aim high and achieve.
What we're looking for
• Bachelor Degree in Education or with Education from an Accredited University in Tanzania.
• Three to four years of experience in teaching with an outstanding performance.
• Strong ability to deliver NECTA curriculum content using modern teaching methods and strategies that support competency-based approach to learning and assessments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as a medium of instruction.
• A well-rounded, independent and mature individual with a diverse knowledge in Education and one that observes teaching ethics and demonstrates a refreshing approach to teaching.
• A teacher with a vibrant, diligent and motivating personality for our students.
• An opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania.
• A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
• Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
• Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
• Safe and reliable transport to and from school.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]
Subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ACDM/GN/01/20 Applications close on 30th September, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted