Head Of Information And Communication Technology
Jobs at:Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Information & Communication Technology is responsible for creating and implementing the Bank’s technology vision and plan, ensuring it aligns and drives the Bank’s business strategy and helps supports its key lines of business. This role also directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT and digital systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
• Formulate and implement the Bank’s Information and Communication Technology strategic plan.
• Develops and executes the Banks ICT operating plan to support and enhance Bank’s strategic ambitions and business requirements, focusing resources so that cost effectiveness and optimum customer service experiences are achieved.
• Establishes and sets short and long-range objectives for the digital strategy for the Bank and gain buy-in of the various stakeholders and establishing criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
• Foster innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
• Defines and executes a strategy for the core banking systems/platforms/networks that is cost effective, reduces complexity and improves speed to market of new product delivery. • Communicates Bank’s technology strategy to management, staff, partners, and stakeholders as and when appropriate.
• Oversees the management of customer service and support processes for technology-based services.
• Advise and/ or negotiate with vendors and service contractors to ensure high level of return consistent with services rendered.
• Devise and establish ICT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the Board.
• Lead the Team to create and maintain documentation for supported ICT systems in accordance with ICT policy standards.
• Manage ICT risks and end ensure governance is aligned with enterprise needs, risk appetite and, as appropriate, industry best practice.
• Ensure all ICT audits meet the standards and expectations set by the Bank’s Audit and Risk Committee and other operating standards.
• Directs the development of and execution of an enterprise-wide information security, disaster recovery and business continuity plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Bank’s data and servers.
• Contributes to the overall profitability of the Bank by budgeting, measuring and controlling costs associated with areas of responsibility.
• Directs the transformation of Bank’s application portfolio to reflect a more modern, flexible architecture and platform, allowing the Bank to seamlessly add new capabilities, improve the product development process and significantly grow volumes.
• Approves, priorities, and manages the Banks ICT project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems. • Oversees Bank’s vendor management program to ensure all third-party vendors and service providers are providing reliable and flexible solutions and cost controls that are consistent with strategic plans and business objectives.
• Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
• Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
• Graduate qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related field.
• Certification in core areas of networking, enterprise systems, ICT Security and governance, ICT systems and workflow and Database management.
• Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation in ICT and Project Management will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in system design and implementation of which four must be in a senior position in IT department of a bank or finance institution.
• Relevant technical qualification or equivalent through training/experience;
• Proven track record at a senior level of leading an ICT Team in a complex organisation and delivering measurable improvements in ICT service delivery to a tight budget to meet organisational objectives;
• Demonstrable experience of successful project management, particularly including a track record of being able to anticipate and resolve potential problems quickly;
• Ability to investigate and understand emerging technologies, explore and evaluate them and then advise non-technical managers and staff on how these may be applied to the benefit of the Bank.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Job Experience Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
Apply to this job by filling in your details, attaching your Application/Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume (with 3 referees)
Be sure to fill in and/or include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Click here to apply: