Front End Developer
Jobs at:Kipimo Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Looking for a qualified and competent Front-End Developer to work with our IT team. Role is to build the ‘client-side’ of our web applications.
Have you ever thought to yourself: “What do NGOs actually achieve?”. This was the first question the team at Kipimo asked, and it set us on a journey to provide answers.
Kipimo is a social start-up conceived in Arusha, Tanzania, which aims to help Civil Society Organisations, Social Enterprises and Social Initiatives with the ability to clearly articulate their impact. By designing user friendly digital systems, we aim to demystify Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) processes, making it easier and more cost effective for organisations to set up and track their objectives. Our mission is to support practitioners to become more impactful by co-developing context relevant digital tools and best practice. In doing this, we aim to free up program staff to do what they do best: working in communities to generate impact! .
Now in a period of fast growth and iteration, we are looking for a qualified and competent Front-End Developer to work with our IT team. The aim of the role is to build the ‘client-side’ of our web applications and to help the team in getting viable prototypes to the market. Initially contracted on a short term basis, the right candidate will be able to demonstrate value with a view to securing a more permanent role.
We need someone who can translate the needs of Kipimo and our clients into functional and appealing interactive applications. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. If you are interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then we need you!
• Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
• Develop new user facing features
• Write reusable code and libraries
• Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
• Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
• ? Define how the application looks and how it works
• Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
• Knowledge of REACT(.js) tools (Git sample projects or similar needed)
• Experience with user interface design
• Proficiency in code visioning tools
• Knowledge of performance testing frameworks
• Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
• ?Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience with Google Firebase (or similar BEaaS)
• Familiarity with Gimp or Photoshop (or other graphics software)
• Proficiency in understanding of web markup
• Inquisitive nature with a problem-solving attitude
• Passion to create beautiful and functional systems
• Interest in technological solutions for social problems
• Skilled in managing diverse workload to hit deadlines
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in this role, please send a one (1) page expression of interest and a maximum four (4) page CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 20th of November, 2020. Please quote “Kipimo Developer Services” in the subject line and take care to clearly set out how you match the Competencies and Qualities required for the role. Note that applications will be consid