Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Database Administrator: 1 Posts
Place of work: Head quarter at Dar es salaam.
• Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries.
• Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
• Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
• Receives instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Provides technical and operational database administration.
• Installs, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, availability and integrity of the company databases and large data warehouse database environments. Provides analysis and definitions of technical standards related to database resources.
• Provides analysis and design function for new and existing systems.
• Applies knowledge in the area of physical database design, performance and tuning, backup and recovery procedures in order to resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
• Provide support resolving conversion and upgrade data issues.
• Liaise with Project Managers, Business Analysts, developers for the definition and clarification of requirements and to facilitate the progress on project tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & skills;
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent from recognized institutions.
• A sound understanding of the principles of data architecture and data services.
• Good at working as part of a team and communicating progress and escalating problems in a timely manner.
• Self-improvement/proactive research capabilities around emerging technologies/new iterations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex IT information in simplified form depending on the target audience.
• Knowledge of SQL Server storage design, Data Warehousing, Reporting and Integration Services.
• Knowledge of implementing backup and recovery solutions.
• Knowledge of Database Administration, Monitoring, Performance Tuning and Trouble shooting
• Prior involvement in infrastructure projects, including replacement or upgrade of databases and data services components is preferred.
• Experiencing in supporting Developers with writing, altering and reviewing stored procedures, functions and triggers.
• Database administration experience in Server Databases
• Experience working with multiple operating systems
• Experience monitoring and auditing procedures of databases
• Experience in database schema design
• Experience with database security administration, disaster recovery planning, High availability, systems performance monitoring and tuning
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For those who interested send CV to [email protected]