Jobs at:Dar es Salaam Maritime Institute (DMI)
Deadline of this Job:
01 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/320 18thNovember, 2020
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT On behalf of the The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), The Institute of Judicial Administration (IJA) Lushoto, The Water Institute (WI), The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science &Technology (NM-AIST) and Dar Es Salaam Maritime Institute (DMI) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
DAR ES SALAAM MARITIME INSTITUTE (DMI)
Dar es Salaam Maritime Institute (DMI) was established by Act of Parliament No. 22 of 1991 to cater to the greater needs of the Shipping Industry in the region. The Institute (DMI) originated from what was known as Dar Es Salaam Maritime Training Unit (DMTU), which was established on the 3rd July 1978 as a training wing of Tanzania Coastal Shipping Line (TACOSHILI) to fulfill the need of well-trained seafarers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To teach and conducts seminars up to NTA level 9 (Master Degree);
• To guide and supervises students in building up their practical and research projects;
• To prepare learning resources and design training exercises for students;
• To conduct consultancy and community services;
• To participate in developing and reviewing curriculum;
• Vi. To undertake individual research and participates in scientific/academic congregations;
• To prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training;
• To coach junior teaching staff; and
• x. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Master Degree in Maritime Transport, Nautical Science, Navigation Technology, Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering, Maritime Law, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Technology, Logistics Engineering from recognized Institutions with a GPA of at least 3.5 at Undergraduate level and at least 4.0 at Master Degree. Certificate of Competency as officer in charge of Navigational or an Engineering Watch will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale– PHTS 2
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania • Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 1stDecember, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT