Application Support Specialist
Jobs at:National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services. .
• Responsible for Core Banking Systems and Peripheral Applications technical support, issue/incident resolution and daily maintenance on a spectrum of business logic in line with operational requirement.
• Analyzing and establishing the root causes of application errors/failures.
• Monitoring Systems availability and reliability to ensure Technology effectively meets the service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
• Engage in supporting Business strategic projects requirements and deliverables within expected timelines with highest standards of Customer service.
• Supporting innovation & digitization of payments processes to uphold convenience and risk free processing.
• Providing technical support to teams within the organization, and to external clients when required, troubleshoot to restore application use in the event of a failure
• Support and troubleshoot software, typically working with both end users and developers.
• Responding to technical problems that occur abruptly and require immediate solutions, identifying and resolving technical issues.
• Providing necessary technical support relating to various applications, system-level software, compilers, and other general computing applications.
• Determine availability requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
• Optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures.
• Analyze software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
• Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
• Translate customer needs and requirements into application solutions.
• Drive innovation related to Application within the bank for the purpose of improving efficiency and productivity in order to achieve revenue targets.
• Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement
• Maintain an awareness of technology best practices that support application availability
• Perform end of day/ month batch run for core banking applications
• Involvement in delivering key Projects requirements successfully within expectations
• Multi-tasking and building capacity in effectively managing all available Core Banking systems and peripheral Applications
• Support UAT testing challenges related to Applications for new projects or enhancements and perform sanity testing
• Creation of new products in core banking Application that are related to new projects or business requirement as per current market or customers need.
• Perform periodic reviews and tests of established Business Continuity Plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed
• The ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture
• An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
• Work with developers and application owners to implement the change & document it
• Troubleshooting and providing solutions for production issues raise by either end user
• Run EOD/EOM/EOY batches by the time primary data centre will be moved in country
• Manage Oracle and SQL Databases.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic & Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
• Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases certification will be of added advantage
• At least 3 years’ hands on experience working with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Databases
• Knowledge of banking/ branch operations
• ITIL certification
• 5 years relevant experience in IT support or equivalent related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• experience with problem-solving and trouble-shooting
• Experience in several computer programs and data interfaces.
• Working knowledge of basic network configuration
• Strategic Thinking (Solid)
• Strong analytical mind. Complex problem solving skills
• Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please follow link: https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NBC_Careers/job/Head-Office-NBC/Application-Support-Specialist_R-15915813