2 Weighbridge Operators
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Mwanza, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts on specific duties on short-term contracts within the region.
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (2 POSTS) .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• He/She will generally be responsible for undertaking activities as described in the East Africa Community Vehicle Load Control Act 2016, and its regulations of 2017 as it may be amended from time to time.
• Specific activities shall include: –
• Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Overall supervision of shift activities;
• Weigh Motor vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) on all Public roads;
• Imposing road damage fee on the spot for overloaded vehicle;
• Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters in case of noncompliance with vehicle dimension limits;
• For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the Weighbridge Operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit.
• Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge shift In- charge for appropriate action;
• Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Shift In-charge;
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
EDUCATIONAL/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Must have an Ordinary Diploma in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
• Must be Computer literate (At least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications).
• Fluent both written and spoken in Kiswahili and English language;
• Must have post qualification experience in any field of study of at least (1) year;
• Self-motivated, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
• Not above 35 years of age.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Civil, Mechanical
Job Experience Requirements: (1) year
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; –
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above the limit indicated in specific
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies (where applicable).
• Birth certificate and National Identity Card
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts; • Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
• An applicant must attach recent Passport Size Photo in the Application Letter;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who has retired/been terminated from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate; • Women are highly encouraged to apply;
A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to:
P.O Box 1410,
Deadline for submission is 17th May, 2020 at 16:30 Hrs