2 Flag and Port State Control Officer II
Jobs at:Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation (TASAC)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Tanzania , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist in the process for tonnage measurement or marking of vessels before registration in accordance with the applicable regulations;
• To assist in arrangements pertaining to ship registration, deregistration, mortgages and liens and any other matters related to registration and licensing of vessels;
• To prepare the necessary a certificates or documents for issuance to the applicants in respect of registration and licensing of vessels; and maintain ships registered or licensed;
• To assist in carrying out surveys and inspections for Tanzanian flagged vessels and foreign flagged vessels calling in Tanzanian ports;
• To assist in the process of carrying out Maritime casualties or incident preliminary investigations;
• To assist in the preparation of a certificates or detention notices to be issued to vessels;
• To ensure that individual objectives/targets and performance standards are developed as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior; and
• To perform other official duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma either in Nautical Science, Maritime Transportation, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or Chief Mate on a ship up to 3000GT (STCW regulation II/2) or second Engineer Officer on Ships up to 3000kW propulsion power (STCW regulation III/3).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.