This vision, coupled with knowledge and skills derived over more than 40 years in business, has enabled the Group to grow exponentially into one of the largest businesses in Africa.
Currently, MeTL Group’s operations contribute 3.5% of the GDP of Tanzania. The Group plays a vital role in strengthening Tanzania’s opportunities for growth and development in private industry-ensuring the country can reap the benefits of globalization.
Location – Mbeya
Operate water treatment plant which includes:
1. Monitoring of gauges, flowmeters, charts, system control computer, etc.
2. Conducting water analysis tests such as hardness, alkalinity, PH, turbidity, chlorine residual, etc., for treatment process control.
3. Determine chemical feed rates and adjust chemical dosages with approval of QAM /Shift in charge QA.
4.Determine and maintain proper flow rates and in accordance with water consumption demand.
5. Maintain treatment records in accordance with MeTL standards.
6. Backwash filters as needed.
7.Conduct water analysis tests to ensure safety and water quality by collecting representative water samples and testing for contaminants and properties such as color, odor, chlorine levels, etc.
8. Ensures that plant operations are in compliance with operating guidelines and that treated water is safe and acceptable entering the distribution system.
9. Maintains all required records such as operating logs, chemical and repair part inventories, maintenance logs; distributes information to QAM /Shift in charge QA.
10.Performs routine preventive maintenance on plant equipment to include: operating adjustments and Calibrations on equipment, basic mechanical and electrical work and cleaning, lubricating and replacing equipment parts.
11. Maintain the Dodge pre-treatment chlorination facility including routine maintenance, calibration of chemical injection equipment and adjusting chemical feed rates.12. Collect water samples to monitor and analyze residuals for disinfection when needed.
- ITI / Equivalent Desirable: ITI / Equivalent
- Experience Essential: 2-3 Yrs
- Desirable: 2-3 Yrs. in process room operation
- Computer Literacy: yes
- Special exposure required if any: Should be from beverage industry -CSD
Skills required: Problem solving, planning, documentation