This vision, coupled with knowledge and skills derived over more than 40 years in business, has enabled the Group to grow exponentially into one of the largest businesses in Africa.
Currently, MeTL Group’s operations contribute 3.5% of the GDP of Tanzania. The Group plays a vital role in strengthening Tanzania’s opportunities for growth and development in private industry-ensuring the country can reap the benefits of globalization.
1. Operates shrink wrapping machine to adhere to OEM operational procedures.
2.regulating machine components as needed and making adjustments as necessary to ensure quality.
3. Performs changeovers by referring to instructions for each package run.
4. Enters required product code information into the inkjet system to print on over the final wrapper as needed.
5. Performs quality checks at required intervals throughout the shift (i.e., correct matrix, shortage, proper shrink case/tray)
6. Completes required paperwork throughout shift
7. Performs routine equipment maintenance (i.e., adding oil, changing belts, cutting knives etc.) by following OEM guidelines.
8. Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to safety guidelines and GMPs.
9. Troubleshoots minor equipment/machine issues and/or calls maintenance service when needed.
10. Recycles plastic/boxes etc. by sorting and placing in designated area.
11.Responsible for shrink film yield
Qualification/s Essential :
- ITI / Equivalent Desirable: ITI / Equivalent
- Experience Essential: 2-3 Yrs
- Desirable: 2-3 Yrs. in filler operation and maintenance
- Computer Literacy: yes
- Special exposure required, if any: Should be from beverage industry -CSD
Skills required: problem solving, planning, documentation