Senior Officer Core Business Systems Management
Jobs at:Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB)
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Develop¬ment Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Genera¬tion Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancies below…
Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Head Of Information Communication & Technology, the Senior Officer Core Business Systems Management is responsible for administering computer software and hardware installation, which includes servers, workstations, LAN administration points and the network plant. He/She is also responsible for administering the integrated Information System, which includes servers, workstations and network administration points as well as the network plant within the bank.
• Responsible for supporting daily core banking operations and other financial applications (e.g. IBCM, SWIFT, TISS, FS, Reuters).
• Responsible for maintaining good performance of the core banking and other financial systems and propose relevant improvements so as to optimize the mentioned systems
• Responsible for closing End of Day (EOD), End of Month (EOM), and End of Year (EOY) for core banking system and other financial systems.
• Responsible for the implementation of change requests on the core banking system and other financial systems.
• Align with the user departments, in successful preparation and acquisition of the specifications for the core and other financial systems.
• Facilitates timely extraction of required reports from the core banking and other financial systems.
• Execute system checks and tests relevant mechanisms for redundancy.
• Participate in ensuring that the planning and development of ICT systems is designed and carried out in an orderly, cost effective and efficient manner.
• Participate in overseeing the design and maintenance of procedures, rules and regulations for the development and application of ICT software.
• Oversee ICT projects and system changes and participate in following up with Suppliers of Software.
• Participating in coordinating programming activities including system designing, documentation of procedures and operation of computer and peripheral equipments.
• Monitoring progress of projects related to core banking systems and other financial systems.
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
• Ensuring compliance with bank’s policies and other accepted standards on implementation and administration of core banking and other financial systems.
• Manage end to end migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes throughout the development life cycle.
• Administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Troubleshooting with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools and assisting with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
• University Graduate in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in reputable company or financial institution as well as experience with troubleshooting and issue resolution principles, methodologies and techniques.
• Good knowledge of at least one scripting language with solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
• Strong knowledge of networking and distributed computing environment concepts, as well as a sound understanding of the principles of routing, firewalls, and client/server applications.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours : 8
Job application procedure
Apply to this job by filling in your details, attaching your Application/Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume (with 3 referees)
Be sure to fill in and/or include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.