Tanzania Chamber of commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) is registered under the Companies Act Cap 212 as a Company limited by guarantee mandated to facilitate Private Sector Development in Tanzania by providing exceptional value to members and the business community through the provision of demand-driven advocacy, business Infomediary, linkages, business development services, and other relevant services in a more professional, resourceful and sustainable manner.
In fulfilling this mission and as part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, TCCIA is determined and embarks on acquiring, retaining, and developing the talented, capable, and highly qualified Manpower for TCCIA development and best services to the business community.
POSITION SUMMARY .
The Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for developing exemplary relations with customers, the public, and staff, develop corporate affairs programs for the TCCIA and manage their implementation. He /she shall also be responsible to publish TCCIA’s public relations reports weekly, updating the TCCIA website, intranet, social media, and in House Magazines. As part of the TCCIA team, the Incumbent will interact with staff and stakeholders at different levels and therefore; the position requires excellent communication skills.
The position will attract a competitive salary.
REPORTING LINE: Commercial Development Manager
Location: TCCIA HQ Dar es salaam
Work Schedules: As per TCCIA regulations
Department: Commerce and Membership
- He or She will be responsible for handling all aspects of planned publicity campaigns, PR and Marketing activities of the Chamber.
- Participate in organizing of various commercial events ( Exhibitions, B2B meetings) for the purpose of helping TCCIA members expand their business.
- Provide information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaign progress to the Business community in Tanzania in general and for TCCIA members in particular.
- Managing TCCIA media outlets including websites and social media platforms. This will involve working on the website and social media posting, and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals, newsletters, and brochures for both external and internal use.
- Assisting Commercial Development Manager in preparation of presentation and speech
- Drafting content and manage the distribution of the newsletter
- Managing media relations activities through writing, reviewing content, and seeking approvals for media release
- Conducting official visits to the business community for marketing
- Initiation of various communication channels, awareness and sensitization, and planning for publicity strategies and campaigns to increase the visibility of TCCIA
- Establish a pool of resource persons for Radio and TV Programs that can be used for TCCIA Visibility, outreach, and Analyzing Media coverage
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Commercial Development Manager from time to time
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing or a related field.
- At least 3 years previous experience in the Private and vibrant Business Sector as Public relations Officer or above.
- Experience gained in the Private and the Business sector is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Well organized, self-guided and motivated to produce quality work and reports.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to work under pressure
- Social Media Management skills
- Graphics and Multimedia skills.
- Photograph and videography skills
HOW TO APPLY
The position will attract a competitive salary package. Applicants are invited to submit only their Curriculum Vitae ( CV) and application letter addressed to the Executive Director ( indicating the position title applied in the subject heading of the email ) via e-mail to: [email protected] Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Late applications will not be considered and Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
TCCIA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 9 th February 2021 (selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted).