Location: Kyela district, Mbeya, Tanzania
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Role Type: Fixed Term (Annual – Renewable based on successful performance)
Hours of Work: Full Time (37 Hrs/week)
- Provide strategic leadership and take overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of the project. Including: weekly updates, monthly project budget and workplans and quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports for Traidcraft Exchange (TX) and donors.
- Organize and capacity building of farmers’ organization (self-help groups, AMCOs)
- Prepare and deliver agribusiness training for project target beneficiaries on project target areas.
- Advise and support target project beneficiaries groups to set-up small business; development & marketing new products; develop business plans and prepare financial management plans for business (financial literacy, cash flow forecasting & risk analysis)
- Facilitate project beneficiaries to access market, business development services and financial services. Engage staff, target beneficiaries and partners in a process approach to problem solving and use of adaptive management techniques
Project Financial management and administration: Oversee the financial management of the project and Tanzania office in compliance with financial management procedures and accounting standards as well as all administration aspects of the Traidcraft Tanzania office.
Partners and stakeholders’ management
- Work efficiently and respectfully with project partners and stakeholders
- Build relationships with other key stakeholders (government, private sector)
- Ensure project office operations are in line with government policy and update the regional office of any changes that can affect the project
- Build the reputation of TX in Tanzania including relationship building, blogs & video updates
- Effectively support and line manage the Project Field Officer and Enterprise Development Officer
- Support finance and administration officer
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning:
- Coordinate collection, analysis, and management of project data to feed into quarterly & annual project reporting and planning accordance to wider TX Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework.
- Ensure learning from the project is well captured and shared with the Programme Management Team on quarterly basis.
- Undertake statistical and narrative report writing reflecting achievements, milestones, and impact data.
You will be:
- A team player, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Process orientated and proactive leader able to sensitively and inclusively lead and deliver on numerous goals, objectives, results
- An excellent communicator in Kiswahili and English (verbal and written
- An excellent trainer/facilitator and listener
- Able to manage partner relationships
- Willing to travel within Tanzania specifically Dar Es Salaam to supervise project work.
You will have:
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Over 5 years of experience in project management- -previous experience in coordinating a field team required.
- Over 4 years of experience working on agricultural value chain development.
- Participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Report writing skills
- Experience in project finance management
- Field based experience implementing business development and small holder projects in agriculture
- Be willing to ride a motorbike
You may have:
- Knowledge and experience of working with people with disability
- Field level training experience
- Motorbike riding license will be an added advantage.
Continually seek and act upon opportunities for personal and team development. Carry out other duties, which may or may not be related to the job, as reasonably requested by management. Approve project activities for staff and partners based on agreed quarterly activity plans. The role involve filed work and includes over 80% travel to project sites in Mbeya, Songwe and Dar Es salaam region.
Traidcraft is a Christian response to poverty. We welcome applicants from all faiths or none, but it is important that all staff members understand and sympathize with the Christian vision, ethos and culture of Traidcraft. It is not an occupational requirement to be a practicing Christian for this role.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the implementation, monitoring and reporting of Traidcraft Exchange -Big Lottery Funded project titled ’Promoting the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Cocoa, Coffee and Palm Oil Value Chains’.