Jobs at:The Prime Minister's Office
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Programme Coordinator-1 Post
Programme Coordinator that will be liaising with the Focal Persons in Ministries of Agriculture, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, and Ministry of Finance and Planning. The position will be operating within the Prime Minister's Office and he or she will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the effective implementation, management and coordination of activities for effective delivery on the Agriculture and Fishery Development Programme (AFDP) objectives. He/ she will also be responsible for technical support to the district teams, secure required resources, and use formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes and manages projects to : ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
Programme Coordinator will be reporting to Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister's Office, (Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labor, Youth, Employment and Disabled),
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Consolidate annual work plans and budgets of AFDP and submit to Technical Advisory Committee, Programme Steering Committee and IFAD for approval;
• Function as Secretariat for Programme Steering Committee (PSC);
• Manage annual reviews and any other learning events;
• Supervise the consolidation and review of reports (Annual, Semi-Annual and Quarterly Progress reports);
• Follow up on day-to-day implementation activities of the programme;
• Advice Technical Advisory Committee and Programme Steering Committee on all matters of the programme and how best can the programme deliver;
• Organize quarterly meetings to review implementation progress
• Other programme related duties as they will be assigned by the Permanent Secretary
Holder of Master's Degree from a recognized Institution in Agriculture, Animal Production, Animal Sciences, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related field.
• A candidate should have minimum of 5 years' experience in leading or coordinating implementation of development programme, preferably in Public Institution or regional and international organization.
• A candidate with understanding of programme areas of seeds and fisheries sectors will be given priority
• Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
DURATION : One year contract, renewable for six years based on performance with six months' probation period.
DUTY STATION: Dodoma-Tanzania
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister's Office, Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.O.Box Box 980,
Government City- Mtumba