About ELICO Foundation
ELICO Foundation is a non-profit organization established with the goal of accelerating access to
modern energy solutions for socio-economic development of rural and last mile areas in Africa. Current interventions are mainly productive uses of renewable energy particularly solar PV in the agriculture sector in rural Tanzania.
ELICO Foundation is looking for motivated Senior Intern to join our highly motivated team and support
our procurement and administration department. ELICO Foundation offers an exciting, challenging,
learning environment for students/young graduates to practice their skills and gain practical experience
in the field of Procurement and Administration in the development sector.
Procurement and Administration Intern
The Procurement & Administration Intern will be responsible for the performance of various duties under procurement and/or administrative support. Procurement responsibilities include overseeing
purchasing activities and ensuring that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality,
maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options and maintaining accurate
comprehensive records. Administrative responsibilities include records management, correspondence
drafting, funded program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are maintained and well-managed. Other administrative duties include developing and maintaining administrative systems and/or processes and performing such duties as meeting minute-taking, report writing, digitization and
protection of office records.
• Customer Focus
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Team player
• Ethics and Integrity
Duties and responsibilities
• Facilitates efficient communication and helps direct inquiries
• Shares responsibility for maintaining an appropriately signed front reception area
• Keeps office equipment and/or books properly and safe
• Supports all facets of business in the office administration
• File systems development and maintenance
• Schedule management for funding programs, deadlines and report initiation
• Leads office supply management and inventory controls
• Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Following and enforcing the organisation's procurement policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges,
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
• Performs other duties as required by Senior Management Team members (SMT)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Procurement, Business Management, Business Administration or
a similar field.
• Fluent communication in English and Swahili with effective writing skills
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organisation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and purchasing software.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles,
reasons, or facts
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
• Good organisational, time management, negotiation and prioritising skills
• Ability to interpret and implement organisation policies and procedures
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• High level of personal integrity
• High level of interpersonal relations
• Confident, consistent, decisive personality
• Ability to take, interpret and execute instructions
• Strong work ethic
• Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their cover letter and CV
• Deadline for application is 7th April 2022
• Only successful applicants at screening stage will be contacted through their active mobile
number/email and advised on the next stage