National Food Systems Specialist
Jobs at:Food Agriutlutre Organisation
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Food Systems Specialist will provide support to moving forward the dialogue and key recommendations from the UN Food Systems Summit process in Tanzania as to strengthen the policy and institutional environment conducive to food systems transformation in line with existing commitments and the priorities identified through data and analysis as well as interventions identified in the national dialogues and contribute to efforts to strengthen governance and coordination for ASDP II and NMNAP II and contribute to food system(s) and nutrition programming at the country office.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Plan / organize the launch of the UN Food Systems Summit (UNFSS) pathways report for Tanzania and facilitate a dialogue around capacities to strengthen integrated action and implementation of recommendations from the Tanzania UNFSS report;
• As part of the implementation efforts of the UNFSS pathway recommendations for Tanzania, conduct and facilitate a policy and programme mapping to inform identification of gaps, opportunities, challenges and trade-offs related to sustainable development of national and subnational food systems, highlight possible evidence-based solutions and potential synergies among relevant existing programmes and initiatives to maximize impact and upscale results that foster sustainable and inclusive food systems;
• Identify selected territories for focussed implementation of identified evidence-based solutions and pilot governance innovative arrangements;
• Provide technical support to the Government (in particular the Ministry of Agriculture) and relevant stakeholders in the translation of the pathways generated from UN Food Systems Summit (UNFSS) process in Tanzania into innovative and integrated policies and programmes to promote sustainable development of food systems;
• In close collaboration with the National Convenor at the Ministry of Agriculture and technical team develop communication strategies to cascade FSS to local levels and enhance involvement of private sector in dialogue and implementation UNFSS pathways for Tanzania;
• Promote and support establishment of partnerships and alliances in support to the FMM sub-programme, and facilitate engagement of small scale farmers and rural MSMEs, civil society, NGOs, private sector, academia and other relevant actors on sustainable and inclusive food systems;
• Contribute to the ASDP II mid – term review with a view to identifying options for strengthening governance and coordination capacities and programme options for strengthening the implementation of nutrition sensitive actions within the context of ASDPII (linked to NSAAP) and NMNAP II;
• Contribute to on-going efforts to strengthen capacities and integrate a food systems approach in nutrition sensitive sectors;
• Contribute to food security and nutrition programming at the country office, including planning and conducting capacity development activities / training workshops, preparation of briefs, related materials and reports;
• Prepare reports to FAO, the donor and the National Government on progress achievement and issues related to project implementation;
• Ensure continuous communication and information flow between national stakeholders and HQ project coordinator and technical task force;
• Perform any other required duty related to project implementation / required.
• Advanced university degree in agricultural development and/or policy, economics, food science, food security, nutrition or a related field;
• Five years of relevant experience in analysis and formulation of food security and nutrition policies and programmes;
• Working knowledge of English and Swahili are required.
• Nationality of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement FAO Core Competencies • Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2201306&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi