Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SWISSAID is a non-government organization headquartered in Switzerland with operations in nine countries. It has been operating in Tanzania since the 1970s with a focus on Ecological Organic Agriculture (EOA) and gender equality, as well as transparency and accountability in the extractive sector and responsible artisanal and small scale mining (ASM). In line with its 2019-2024 Country Programme, SWISSAID Tanzania currently works with a community of around 10’000 smallholder farmers and agri-entrepreneurs in the southern regions of Lindi, Mtwara, Ruvuma, Pwani and Morogoro, as well as ASM miners in the regions of Geita and Shinyanga in collaboration with national and local partners, while also engaging into research and advocacy activities at national level.
Further information about SWISSAID is available on: www.swissaid.ch
Duties And Responsibilities
Areas of intervention:
• Increasing smallholder farmers’ productivity and adaptation to climate change through diversified agro-ecological farming.
• Improving smallholder farmers' capacity to generate net income through productive agro-ecological value chains and collaboration with agri-entrepreneurs.
• Strengthening sustainability of farmer-based organizations.
• Support fish farming, in particular marine fish farming, for livelihood improvement of coastal communities.
• Promoting policy advancement for Ecological Organic Agriculture, based on research and scientific validation of agroecology practices.
• Ensure effective collaboration with SWISSAID headquarters, other country offices, and partner organizations at international, national and local level, as well as with beneficiaries and other key stakeholders.
• Assist with light communication activities, such as updating social media feed and developing communication material with agencies.
• As Member of the Management Committee, provide leadership, management and oversight over the implementation of the overall SWISSAID Tanzania Country Programme 2019-2024
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
• Refine and implement the M&E framework of the country programme and the projects in accordance with SWISSAID standards, methods and instruments
• Organize , coordinate and/or conduct baseline assessments, project and programme evaluations, monitoring visits, data collection and collection and specific surveys.
• Build the knowledge and capacity of the SWISSAID team and key partners in M&E , and act as M&E focal person
• Support programme and project reporting on a continuous basis, while integrating M&E analysis and results therein.
• Ensure programme resources are disbursed and accounted for efficiently and diligently
Education Other Skills Required
• Hold a Bachelor or preferably a Masters level university degree in Social Science, Development, Agriculture or any other relevant field combined with a minimum of five years working experience in the area of M&E
• Having attended specialization training in the area of M&E
• Interest and experience with grassroots counties in the agriculture and extractive industries sectors.
• Practical experience and interest to work with the government , private sector and civil society organizations
• Passionate for community development with a business drive
• Ability to use digital technologies for data collection and analysis (e.g Itobo , ODU and QGIS ) and to transform data into analytical reports and steering decisions.
• Solid knowledge in agriculture , if possible agro-ecology is a key asset
• A commitment to equal opportunities and promotion of gender equity
• High level analytical and report writing skills in English
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Must be Computer literate and at ease with numbers
• Ability to work independently , multitasking and under pressure
• Be focused on results and self-driven
• Be a team player
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://www.kaziconnect.co.tz/login