Innovation Associate SC
Jobs at:The World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer Innovation, the programme associate will support the Country Office in managing innovation projects and innovation services offered by the Innovation Unit.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
• New concept design & Project management
• Provide support for innovation scoping in coordination with internal units and external stakeholders
• Identify, design, and develop new concepts as per operational needs. This includes background research, concept design, and feedback collection
• Assist in managing innovation projects and related activities in coordination with other units
• Capacity building & communication
• Support in managing training, and workshops on various innovation methodologies including Human Centric Design, design thinking, etc.
• Document best practices from internal and external ecosystem and share with teams on a regular basis
• Provide support for the monthly report, case studies, documenting projects, etc.
• Partner engagement
• Mapping and networking with country-level food system innovation ecosystem. This includes startups, innovation hubs, universities, innovation labs, etc.
• Engage potential partners from the innovation ecosystem to foster innovation activities at the country level
• Coordinate with existing partners innovation project management
• Coordination & Event Management
• Regularly coordinate with internal units and external innovation ecosystem partners
• Support in planning, coordination, and executing WFP innovation-related events
• Liaise with internal units including administration, procurement, etc. for smooth functioning of innovation unit and related activities
Other Specific Job Requirements
• Start-up mindset: You have a high affinity with the Tanzanian innovation space, and you ideally have some startup-related experience
• Food system: You are familiar with the food system innovation ecosystem.
• A self-starter: You are full of initiative and great ideas. You need little guidance, are comfortable working independently but are also a great team player.
• A multi-tasker: You like variety in your work and are willing to tackle different challenges when the opportunity arises.
• An organizer with great attention to detail. Nothing slips past you; you are a meticulous planner but are flexible enough to change course when the situation requires you to do so.
• Driven by impact; Achieving impact through your job is important to you, and you are passionate about working towards achieving zero hunger.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
• Experience: At least two years of professional experience preferably in startup advisory, innovation services, the food system ecosystem, agriculture, technology, or related field
• Knowledge & Skills: Familiar with human-centered design methodologies. Strong business writing and professional verbal communication skills. Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize. Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
• Languages: Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of Kiswahili is a must.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=170962