The Agriculture Markets Development Trust (AMDT) has been established by the Governments of Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland in 2014 and the current Trustee is KPMG. The Trust has been established as a long term facility with the overall objective of increasing incomes and employment opportunities for poor women, men, and young people in Tanzania. With a strong pro-poor focus, the Trust works with the Private Sector, Government and Civil Society Organisations to promote the making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)/Market Systems Development (MSD) approach that stimulates changes to market systems leading to broad and sustained impact on the lives of smallholder farmers as well as competitiveness of agricultural MSMEs. AMDT achieves this by investing, together with market actors, in interventions that are: (i) based on diagnosed constraints and pro-poor opportunities, (ii) are well coordinated to enhance the leveraging of investments and resources targeting similar outcomes, (iii) stimulate the development of inclusive, competitive, and resilient agricultural market systems, leading to sustained benefits and impacts for the productive poor.
In order to improve its ongoing interventions in the country, AMDT is now seeking qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill new vacant full-time positions. Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for the open positions are outlined below.
Specifically, the HRAO will have the following key responsibilities:
• With support from Subject Matter expert and Senior Management Team, Update, Implement and Oversee Human Resources Strategic Plan by ensuring it is aligned with the Overall Trust’s Business Plan;
• With support from Subject Matter Experts, design and implement staff training needs assessment; on job mentoring, coaching and training and planning for external capacity building. This is aimed at ensuring that at all times all the staff have adequate skills and are competent for the jobs assigned to them; Continuously undertake job and positions analysis and recommend to the Senior Management Team for adoption;
• Being custodian of the staff personal files; This entails updating files with all relevant documentations and information;
• Be custodian and oversee staff compliance to the AMDT human resources manual and other guidelines; This entails total compliance and adherence to the implementation of the disciplinary measures and enforcement of other policies;
• Coordinate, schedule and manage staff annual and compassionate leave including other staff benefits;
• With highest level of confidentiality, provide an ear to all staff concerns, address or escalate to the HoO or TD as the case may be on a timely basis;
• Supervise, coach and mentor Admin and Human Resources staff;
• Design and implement activities that focuses on staff annual retreat / team building;
• Work with staff and senior Management in the implementation of the Whistle Blower Policy; and other policies as provided in the Human Resources manual;
• Develop Human Resources Unit annual business plan;
• Draft quarterly, semi annually, and annual reports of the Human resources unit and submit the same to the Head of Operations;
• Orient and coordinate (schedule) staff on the mid term and annual evaluation plans using Balanced Score Card Performance Management systems; Attend management meetings and present Human Resource’s unit updates, plans for the week, month etc;
• On consultation with the Technical Director, organize and coordinate monthly management meetings by ensuring meeting agenda, minutes and matter arising are circulated on a timely basis;
• Coordinate the identification and management of good relations with service providers who offer admin and logistics services to AMDT;
• Develop and learning culture within AMDT;
• Any other duty assigned by the Head of Operations.
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit her/his CV (5 Pages Maximum), a capability statement letter that provides details of the applicant's specific qualifications for the position (2 pages Maximum), and a copy of degree certificates only. All applications to be send to: [email removed] and must be received on 18th August 2020 not later than 16.00 hrs EA time.
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview. AMDT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply.
Human Resources and Administration Officer (HRAO) plays a critical function within the day to day operations of the Trust. The position holder is responsible for the overall coordination of human resources and administration matters pertaining to the Trust and is the link between Senior Management and the entire staff. S/he ensures staff are highly motivated and equipped with adequate tools and skills to achieve the program goals. HRAO is responsible in ensuring the Trust is administratively compliant and functional at all times by adhering to all statutory requirements.