Head of Risk and Compliance (Re- Advertised)
Jobs at:Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB)
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background of TABD
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and planning. Established in 2012 TADB is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act NO 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government's development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, klimo Kwanza Initiative, Second . Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA)
• To build on existing moro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the followingt smolitholder farmers' groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFis) that are active in tending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
Head of Risk and Compliance (Re- Advertised)
Nature and scope:
The Job holder reports to the Managing Director's Office. He/she is responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of sound risk management practices and technologies for the bank and in collaboration with business units and other specialists, partnering with them in Identifying best practices and gaps controls. He/she carries out risk assessment of new processes and procedures as well as of products and services, and provides policy recommendations based on findings, He/she coordinates the bank's compliance function in Maison with the Legal Services Division and other business wide.
• To monitor credit facilities and projects and ensure proper use of funds.
• To follow up and ensure adequate servicing of credit facilities.
• To maintain close follow-up of irregular accounts and report on them.
• To negotiate repayments in the case of default by clients.
• Assist in providing training and business advisory services to clients.
• To ensure the necessary and relevant bank records, e.g. loan files, are kept and updated as required.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
• Master's Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounts. Insurance, Banking or related discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years' experience of which 4 must be at a senior position in a Risk and Compliance department
• Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plans.
• Ability to review business outcomes with colleagues and the Management from time to time.
• Ability to identity areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
• Ability to take responsibility for meeting internal and external client needs.
• Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues, helps others in achieving targets and gives open and constructive feedback.
• Ability to analyze the processes required in undertaking various types of work In order to plan tasks effectively.
• Ability to produce original well composed letters and reports, through technical
• Ability to run meetings effectively persuasiveness.
• Strong understanding of risks involved in banking and finance, and how they are identified, measured and managed/ mitigated.
• Mighty developed sites in credit risk management
• Good understanding of and capacity to manage other risks such as liquidity, market, operational, reputational, and systems risks.
• Capacity for effective and efficient enterprise-wide risk management
Level of Education:
Work Hours: 8 HeadofRiskandCompliance(Re-Advertised) 96
Experience in Months: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected] Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application