Become our Finance Manager.
Kilimo Markets Ltd (KM), based and registered in Tanzania since July 2010 is a leading agro business providing comprehensive business solutions for small holder farmers in Tanzania. KM prides itself to establish a sustainable farmer-owned business model to benefit small farmers that can be replicable and scaleable over a wide area. We are establishing the best quality service to small scale farmers through a range of assistance to the rural farmers’ in community. By partnering with small farmers we establish a quality input supply, farmer-owned transparent marketing system, a farmer-owned seed agro business, contract management services to small hold farmers, warehouse operation & logistics and high tech zero-till planters to small scale farmers as part of the introduction of Conservation Agriculture for sustained production. We are promoting sustainable development by adopting an entrepreneurship strategy to increase food production and incomes among the rural households in Africa.
Vacancy Title: Finance Manager.
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Kilimo Markets Grade: KM-9-FIN: Finance Manager
Deadline: April 16th, 2021.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial systems of the company, including budgeting, financial monitoring, and meeting legal, auditing and contractual responsibilities. S/he will be the principal financial representative of the company and coordinate the financial, administrative and human resources (HR) functions and support. S/he will manage all procurement and contracts/subcontract administration activities, implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively.
• Maintain accounting and financial systems in compliance with government regulations, KM policies and procedures;
• Document, maintain and ensure compliance with finance and administration policies;
• Ensure proper procurement policies and guidelines are followed when purchasing services, supplies and equipment;
• Manage all banking transactions, including payments using a mobile money system;
• Maintain robust payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances, ensuring compliance with all applicable local tax laws and reporting requirements;
• Oversee preparation of all vouchers and checks for approved company expenditures;
• Review, analyze, present, and submit periodic financial reports in an accurate and timely manner;
• Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to the managing director;
• Manage cash flow and forecasting—including preparing and submitting funds requests and budget versus actuals (BVAs) to the managing director;
• Implement a robust contract management and financial management reporting system to support operational requirements;
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices;
• Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations;
• Maintain general ledger and balance sheets;
• Prepare budget variance reports on monthly basis;
• Maintain asset inventory;
• Manage organizational risk and liability, particularly related to ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and local laws related to registration and taxes;
• Provide strategic guidance and assistance in financial and administrative operations problem solving;
• Oversee and coordinate staff safety and security policies and implementation practices, and act as security focal point person; and
• Supervise an administrative team to ensure delegation of functions and timely quality performance.
Required qualifications and experience
• Master’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field. Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
• At least five (5) years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, safety and security, and/or human resource related matters;
• Accounting software –QuickBooks or Tally
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology;
• A high level of analytical skill and sound judgement with regard to financial management, procurement, human resources, contract and grants policies and regulations;
• Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems and ability to build and review budgets;
• Strong oral and written communications skills in English; (and Swahili language is an added advantage);
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of technical, and other specialists;
Summary of Benefits: KM is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports workers.
Become our Finance Manager.