This vision, coupled with knowledge and skills derived over more than 40 years in business, has enabled the Group to grow exponentially into one of the largest businesses in Africa.
Currently, MeTL Group’s operations contribute 3.5% of the GDP of Tanzania. The Group plays a vital role in strengthening Tanzania’s opportunities for growth and development in private industry-ensuring the country can reap the benefits of globalization.
- Knowledge of filling machine operation preferably on combi filler and able to trouble shoot problems, Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line. Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks. Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Make adjustments to Filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to handler error.
- Ability to perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient matter.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer requirements.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures.
- Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report any deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ITI / Equivalent Desirable: ITI / Equivalent
- Experience Essential: 2-3 Yrs
- Desirable: 2-3 Yrs. in filler operation and maintenance
- Computer Literacy: yes
- Special exposure required, if any: Should be from beverage industry -CSD
Skills required: problem-solving, planning, documentation