Location: Kyela district, Mbeya, Tanzania
Reports to: Project coordinator
Role Type: Fixed Term (Annual – Renewable based on successful performance)
Hours of Work: Full Time (37.5 Hrs/week)
- Mobilize farmers, including people with disability (PWDs) to participate in economic activities along coffee, cocoa and palm value chain
- Support farmers to organise into farmer groups/economic groups and AMCOs in Kyela, Rungwe and Mbozi districts Conduct trainings of farmers on group organization and management
- Support farmers through training and mentorship on production, quality management, processing, establishment of small enterprise and market access for cocoa, coffee and palm oil commodities.
- Facilitate access to business development services and financial services for farmers groups.
- Submit weekly and monthly financial and narrative reports to the project coordinator in required format & jointly submit quarterly workplans and budgets in line with the project budget
Project Financial management and administration: Oversee the financial management of project in compliance with financial management and accounting standards, including timely submission of requests for project funds and financial expenditure documents
Partners and stakeholders’ management: Establishing good relationships with the local authorities and with all other stakeholders of the project in Kyela ,Mbozi and Rungwe districts.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Maintain farmers data base in required format
- Collect quality monitoring data in forms required and engage in learning processes throughout the project
You will be:
- An excellent communicator in Kiswahili and English (verbal and written)
- A team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A person of integrity in dealing with organizational resources
- An excellent trainer/facilitator, good listener
- Be willing to reside in the project area
- Able to ride a motorbike
You will have:
- A diploma or university degree in agriculture, social studies or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- At least three years’ experience in implementing development, particularly working with farmer groups
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in agriculture production, marketing of agriculture produce and farmer organization
- Experience in adult training approaches
- Experience of working in the coffee or cocoa sector is an added advantage
- Good planning and time management skills
- Experience in the use of computers, including word, outlook and excel
You may have:
- An understanding of disability issues and approaches for supporting the effective empowerment of people with disability and their participation in economic activities
Traidcraft is a Christian response to poverty. We welcome applicants from all faiths or none, but it is important that all staff members understand and sympathize with the Christian vision, ethos and culture of Traidcraft. It is not an occupational requirement that a practicing Christian is needed for this role.
The purpose of the role is to successfully implement all field activities of Traidcraft Exchange -National Lottery Community Funded project titled ’Promoting the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Cocoa, Coffee and Palm Oil Value Chains’.