Director of Business Development (DBD)
Jobs at:Private Agriculture Sector Support (PASS)
Deadline of this Job:
11 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In 2000 the Private Agriculture Sector Support (PASS) was established by the Government of Tanzania and Government of Denmark as a pilot project facility under the Agriculture Sector Programme Support (ASPS funded by PASS became operational in 2001 and in 2003 continued as a facility under Agriculture Sector Programme Support II (ASPS II). In 2007, PASS was registered as an autonomous legal Trust and became a component of the Business Sector Programme Support III (BSPS III) and since 2013 the Business Sector Programme Support IV (BSPS IV).
PASS is offering a range of Business Development Services (BDSs) and agri-financial services in agriculture development. The range of BDS services provided include feasibility studies and business plans for prospective bank clients, farmer groups formation, farmers and agribusinesses capacity building (training), facilitate contract farming and other market linkages, linking guaranteed beneficiaries with other development partners and commercial enterprises in the provision of specialized BDS services such as good agricultural practices (GAP) and extension services.
PASS is hereby inviting applications below from suitably qualified and experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanian citizens to immediately fill job vacant positions currently existing.... .
• Promoting and informing PASS roles, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients, through handouts, posters, advertising, etc.
• Design and establishment of feasible models for activities at smallholder farmer levels, including diversification of crops, improvement of production practices etc.
• Proactively facilitating and leading the development of existing and emerging agribusiness opportunities in the sector with industry and key partners, including overseeing market intelligence and insights, opportunity identification and development as well as leading new initiatives and projects across the Business Strategy.
• Ensuring quality of proposals presented for support, and assisting the organization in improving on proposals into Business Plans of acceptable standards.
• Identification, and preparation of solutions for bottlenecks in agriculture performance e.g. market access, processing, appropriate mechanization etc.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.pass.or.tz/vacancies