Jobs at:Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (DLCO-EA) is a Regional Organization established by an International Convention signed by the Governments of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Our mandate is to control Migratory Pests in the Region namely Desert locusts, Quelea birds, Armyworms and Tsetse flies. The Organization invites applications to fill the positions of Director and Aircraft Engineers. The applicants must be nationals of the contracting Member States. .
Duties & Responsibilities: Working under the Governing Council of Ministers, the Director shall be the Principal Executive Officer responsible for the overall policy direction and operations of the Organization. The duties of the Director shall be those necessary to ensure the discharge of the main functions of the Organization which include:
• Aerial surveys and control of mandated migrant pests
• Operational research programmes and activities focusing on the control of migrant pests, pesticide use and safety
• Coordination of the information flow and forecasting upsurges of the migrant pests; and
• Staff development.
The Director shall also be responsible for:
• The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and to any other official body considered appropriate by the Council, of full information on the nature of the locust infestations and other mandated pests, the progress of research and the operation of control measures within the Region;
• The maintenance of full cooperation with other Organizations concerned with the general directives of the Council;
• The collection of the contributions of Contracting States;
• The maintenance of the Organization’s Financial Accounts
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Agriculture or related field from a recognized University. An earned PhD will be an added advantage/preferable.
• Postgraduate training in Business Administration /
• Working experience of not less than 10 years in a senior level Management in a related discipline.
• Proven ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Age 40-55 years
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply visit our Website “ www.dlco-ea.org ” and download the Application Form under”News and Events/ Vacancies and Announcements”. Interested applicants should fill the prescribed form and submit together with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of Certificates and Testimonials within 30days after publication of the Advert to: The Director DLCO-EA P.O. Box 4255 Addis Ababa Ethiopia Email: [email protected] Copy to: OR [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected] DLCO-EA Registry Gurd Shola CMC Road – during Office hours (8.00 a.m to 4.30pm) Addis Ababa OR Deliver by hand to: DLCO-EA Registry Gurd Shola CMC Road – during Office hours (8.00 a.m to 4.30pm) Addis Ababa OR Deliver by hand to: The respective Country DLCO-EA Base Station The Base Manager, DLCO-EA P.O.BOX 593, ARUSHA TANZANIA