Communications for Development Specialist
Jobs at:The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO),
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Communications specialist will provide strategic support in the design of Social Behavior Changes Communication (SBCC) strategies and communication materials/tools. H/she will be responsible for developing digital and print communication content for visibility and Nutrition education and awareness, capacity building purposes of the project in line with project Communication and Visibility Plan, FAO’s communications strategic ensuring effectiveness and efficiency in communication-related operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
• The Communications Officer will undertake the following tasks:
• Develop and implement the Communication and Visibility Plan, prepared based upon the guidelines of the EU on Communication and Visibility
• Engage with technical project staff to develop ways / tools to implement the SBCC nutrition campaigns.
• Research and draft media and advocacy materials; create/prepare documents for publications in journals, position papers, speeches and talking points
• Collect and synthesize information and package; including production, editing of human interest stories, press releases, web stories for the action
• Edit texts of a specialized or technical nature to ensure accuracy, clarity, cohesion and conformity with FAO, the EU Guidelines on Communication and Visibility and the Government of Tanzania; house-style English, policy and practice
• Track, research and analyze information on assigned topics/issues; gather information from diverse sources and help synthesize briefs
• Lead editorial review of the actions’ public information documents, public materials (including the website), presentations, newsletters, for public review
• Work with the technical project staff and FAO – Tanzania communications Officer to communicate project accomplishments to media and the general public.
• Work with technical project staff to produce communication materials that are clear and understandable by project stakeholders and ensure those materials are distributed to communities, target beneficiaries, government authorities, to increase awareness of the project, its major results and lessons learned.
• Support project monitoring and evaluation activities including the establishment of baselines, progress reports and work plan in relation to Communication.
• Produce compelling audio-visual products (editing and film, photography and video)
• identify, build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities for communication for development advocacy to promote project goals and objectives
• Design, plan, formulate and manage the Actions’ social media presence – in line with the corporate guidelines and donor preference
• Prepare and coordinate high profile visits, events around FAO global, regional and local work
• Facilitate internal knowledge sharing, documenting good practices and other evaluation related learning
• Perform other duties as required.
• Advanced University degree in Communications, social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, public relations, or another relevant technical field.
• At least three years of relevant experience in communication, Social Behaviour Change Communication change campaign planning and implementation, public advocacy and media relations with emphasis in communication strategy and partnership development.
• At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in International Organizations or Governments
• Fluent English and Kiswahili.
• National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Technical/Functional Skills
• Capacity to draft scripts for animations and quality newspaper articles
• Development of documentaries
• Capacity in using content management systems
• Experience in managing and monitoring corporate social media channels/accounts
• Understanding FAO Policies and Programmes is an added asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobsearch.ftl?lang=enn