We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to build up and oversee our company’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the implementation and efficiency of business. As COO you will optimize our company’s operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction, and manage marketing initiatives. You will team up with management to implement business strategies. Top candidates will be exemplary and experienced leaders who have vibrant business acumen and a sound understanding of business strategies.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Production, Processing, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.).
- Lead team members to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- Manage relationships with producers and customers.
- Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address food waste and other losses.
- Strong passion for organic agriculture
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role with min 3 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Capable in designing efficient supply chains from production till sales.
- Experience with national and international logistics will be a plus.
- Experience with (organic) agricultural supply chains will be a plus.
- Competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Knowledge in using ERP software will be a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong in decision-making and problem-solving.
CV (including 3 references from former Employers) (PDF)
Application letter (PDF)
Recommendation Letter (PDF)
Transcripts (Summarized in one PDF)
Certificate of service (Summarized in one PDF)
Any other training certificates (Summarized in one PDF)
The deadline for submission is on 15th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case internet is unstable we recommend to write the response first in a word document and copy it from there into the online form. In case you are facing technical problems you can contact [email protected]ilimo.org.