Duty Station: Zanzibar
· Identify and recruit potential producers, processors, traders and other actors in the horticultural value chain for the agri-business training B|U|S. Ensure that project implementation is in compliance with the stipulations of the selection of Women and Youth Empowerment to at least 60%.
· Support and coordinate all B|U|S activities with AHA and the farmer-trainers (ToTs) to reach its objective of facilitating delivery of the Business Development services (BDS) Cycle interventions for traders and processors in Tanzania Isles (Unguja and Pemba). S/he will also take part in building capacity of the ToTs which includes selecting and making regular contacts, facilitating training and coaching on areas related to the project.
· Mobilize and organize the ToTs for B|U|S trainings methodology (Module 1,2 and 3) consisting of an in-house training, practical, roll-out periods; Mentor and monitor the ToTs through the project period till they graduate.
· Identify Horticultural processors and traders who need and want assistance in strengthening or expanding their business, and conduct a situational analysis while establishing strategies for pursuing these new opportunities in the value chain.
· Develop and sustain supportive, solid relationships with TAHA members and stakeholders, analyzing portfolios to identify new opportunities, and stimulating environment for entrepreneurs by providing mentorship and advisory services about TAHA services.
· Promote and disseminate TAHA Market Information System through TAHA groups, TAHA Knowledge hub and government extension workers.
· Promote and increase entrepreneurial development through awareness programs, surveys, B|U|S workshops and market research.
· Organize along with the Zonal Marketing Development Officer farmers and buyers forum.
· Analyze members feedback data to determine whether trainees and ToTs are satisfied with TAHA/AHA/TRIAS products and services according to the project’s context and identify the gaps to be filled for successful deliverables.
· Provide insights into horticultural development and undertake any other related duties arising within the context of the project.
· Reporting and documenting project implementation status on monthly and quarterly basis and participate in the establishment of mechanisms to collect appropriate information of the monitoring and evaluation system of activities under the outcome of the project.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Agribusiness and Agriculture economics, Business administration, Business management or any other related field.
· At least 3 years of work experience in working in a business role. Experience in the agriculture sector will be an added advantage.
· Proven experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role, demonstrated knowledge of the Agriculture sector.
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders including Government institutions and Regional and Local levels; private sector, Agri-inputs suppliers, research institutions and Producers groups /Market Associations.
· Demonstrated experience on preparing documentation and reporting.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
· Knowledge in computer (MS word, excel and PowerPoint)
· Fluent written and oral communication in English and Swahili is required
· Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially with primary stakeholders;
· A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action;
· Broad geographic experience of Tanzania Isles (Unguja and Pemba).
Mode of application:
Please send your detailed CV and application letter to [email removed] or by post to TAHA, Kanisa Road, Plot No. 49, P. O. Box 16520, Arusha.
Envelopes should be clearly marked with the Job Title. Applications should reach us not later than June 26th 2020.
Business Development Services Officer