Business and Markets Facilitator - PPP
Jobs at:Forestry Development Trust
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Iringa , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Business and Markets Facilitator - PPP
Forestry Development Trust
Gatsby established the Forestry Development Trust (FDT) in 2013 to work with stakeholders to transform the Tanzanian commercial forestry sector people are already growing trees.
Initiatives to date are generating clear momentum for change and putting commercial forestry back on the map as an important sector that enables both industrial development and green growth:
• Applied research in collaboration with private forestry companies and the public sector is producing high potential results for improved planting material.
• Partnerships have renewed activity in importing and distributing improved tree seed, with parallel initiatives underway to produce improved seed locally.
• A combination of improved training materials and a wider set of private and public channels for providing services to growers is contributing towards adoption of better plantation practices.
• Technical transfer of new primary and secondary processing technologies for low diameter wood is underway, along with analysis of economic returns to different types of processing investments.
• Policy work is underway to improve public-private dialogue and business environment for growers and investors alike.
With secured funding in place from Gatsby, a team of 21 staff and a platform of existing work and new interventions coming on-stream, FDT is entering a new and exciting phase of its organizational lifecycle. This provides an opportunity for a suitably experienced Trust Director to drive forward realization of the organization’s vision and strategy, building on strong relationships already established within the sector.
More information can be found at http://forestry-trust.org /
Click here for Job details
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now