Assistant Environmental Education Officer,
Jobs at:Tanzania Forest Conservation Group
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Forest Conservation Group (TFCG) is a national NGO whose mission is to reduce poverty in rural communities and to conserve the biodiversity of globally important forests in Tanzania for the benefit of the present and future generations. TFCG, in partnership with the Community Forestry Network of Tanzania (MJUMITA) is implementing the Eco-schools in Africa Programme – Tanzania. The position is financed by DANIDA through the Danish Outdoor Council. The overall programme objective of the Eco-School is: to promote active citizenship and improved livelihoods through Education for Sustainable Development.
As part of this project, TFCG is seeking applications from qualified Tanzanian women and men for the following position:
Assistant Environmental Education Officer, Dar es Salaam .
• The Assistant Environmental Education Officer will implement specific programme activities in accordance with the work plan and budget submitted by TFCG to DOC with a specific focus on Component 1 of the project. This is the Capacity building Component. The Assistant Environmental Education Officer will assist in building the capacity of primary and secondary school teachers and local government staff to deliver quality education for sustainable development.
• The Assistant Environmental Education Officer shall provide detailed and accurate reports on any programme expenditure for which s/he is responsible in accordance with TFCG financial guidelines.
• To assist in monitoring and documenting the programme's activities using the indicators outlined in the logical frame work.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and experience ·
• BSc. in a related discipline such as Forestry, Education, Biological sciences, Environmental sciences or B.Ed.
• Formal training on a rights-based approach to education is preferred.
• At least 3 years relevant practical experience in the field of education for sustainable development including work with schools, rural communities and local authorities.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The Job Description and other details are available at:
Qualified candidates should send applications including CV, covering letter, contact details (including an e-mail address and phone number) and contacts of three professional referees to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 04:00pm on 15th August, 2020.