We are looking for an experienced, driven Agriculture Engineer with construction experience. To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits and engaging the communities.
The Agriculture Engineer plans and oversees construction projects related to issues like water drainage, land restoration, and irrigation . The Agricultural Engineer solves problems concerning power supplies, machine efficiency, the use of structures and facilities, pollution and environmental issues, and the storage and processing of agricultural products . Agricultural engineers are subject-matter experts that use GPS, weather data, and other computer modelling tools to provide advice to increase agricultural productivity. Engineers are also tasked with building structures for loading, food processing, animal processing, and crop storing. While supervising a construction project, agricultural engineers discuss progress with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers to keep the project structurally sound and on track.
They should be critical thinkers and have a sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve construction problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and communities.
Agriculture Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture engineering
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer may be required.
- A minimum of three years’ industry knowledge may be strongly desired.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of labour working on projects.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
Construction Supervisor his Responsibilities:
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with communities and subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
Applicants must apply online through https://kilimo.org/job-vacancies where more information is available on required documents and the process. Deadline will be 10th December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.