Administrative Assistant, Tabora Region
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Belgian development agency, Enabel, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. Enabel contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
Enabel currently supports more than 200 cooperation projects and programmes in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In the future, ENabel’s efforts will focus on 14 partner countries as a result of a decision made by the Minister of Development Cooperation.
In view of the further development of its activities Enabel is currently looking for a (m/f):
Administrative Assistant, Tabora Region
Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium N° 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel.
The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to ''enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation''. The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
Your tasks and responsibilities as an Administrative Assistant:
• You support various administrative tasks (filing, archiving, and follow-up of documents…) in order to guarantee efficient support to the department/supervisor/co-workers/project.
• You organize internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences and missions. or events and ensure that information is disseminated to all participants or stakeholders. (e.g. Management of bookings, dispatch of invitations, prepare documentations for important meetings and workshops) etc
• You ensure adequate supplies of necessary materials for the proper functioning of the service.
• You ensure relevant correspondence and documents are filed and kept properly.
• You receive and welcome guests, receive phone calls and transfer them to right contacts in order to adequately address them and/or orient them towards the internal contact needed.
Required qualifications and experience
• A Tanzanian National
• Diploma in Business Administration or Management from recognised institution.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Administrative tasks.
• Working in International NGO is an added advantage
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of Computer software (MS word, MS Excel etc.)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent management and organisational skills ;
• Good Listening and Comprehension skills.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• A Good Team Player
• A mastery of Time Management.
• You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel ( https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values) .
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply here https://jobs.enabel.be/ at the latest by 07/08/2021 and include your application letter and updated CV. If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected] . We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.