Jobs at:Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB)
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2020
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• To drive vehicles towards approved destinations and in accordance with traffic regulations;
• To undertake minor mechanical repairs,
• To take vehicles due for routine maintenance/ repair to the appointed service agent;
• To maintain motor vehicle log books;
• To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicle prior travelling and report mechanical damages/defects;
• To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times;
• To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquired prior commencement of any journey;
• To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant authority
Please take note of the following:
• Applications must be accompanied by with certified copies of relevant certificates. Testimonials and partial transcripts will not be accepted.
• Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) while Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education and diploma should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and/or National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili and English must have a valid class C driving license from a recognized Training Institutions of not less than three years without causing accident.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board, Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street, P.O.Box 337, DODOMA. Email address: [email protected] All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned