3 Assistant Lecturers
Jobs at:Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST)
Deadline of this Job:
01 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/320 18thNovember, 2020
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT On behalf of the The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), The Institute of Judicial Administration (IJA) Lushoto, The Water Institute (WI), The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science &Technology (NM-AIST) and Dar Es Salaam Maritime Institute (DMI) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
THE NELSON MANDELA AFRICAN INSTITUTION OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (NM-AIST)
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha is one in a network of Pan-African Institutions of Science and Technology located across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). These institutions, which are the proud brainchild of the late Nelson Mandela, envision training and developing the next generation of African scientists and engineers with a view to impacting profoundly on the continent's development through the application of Science, Engineering and Technology and Innovation (SETI).
The NM-AIST, which is accredited by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is being developed into a world class research intensive institution for postgraduate and post-docs studies and research in SETI. The training in SETI, however, incorporates appreciable doses of relevant business studies and humanities ingredients. Thus the training curricular also incorporate strong innovation and entrepreneurship features, and hence strong academia-industry relations are part of the NM-AIST's development agenda. NM-AIST's curricular also seek to accommodate, enable, stimulate and catalyze the innovation and entrepreneurship qualities inherent in the Y-generation for the benefit of SSA's sustainable development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist Senior Academic Staff in practical, seminars and tutorials for Masters students;
• To work in co-operation with senior members on specific projects;
• To assist in writing and preparation of teaching manuals and compendia;
• To undertake research and innovation activities in relevant field; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master degree in either of the following specialized functional area: -Energy and Hydrology/water Resources Engineering, Mathematical Statistics, Computational Mathematics Techniques, Sustainable Agriculture or Economics with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5 and Minimum GPA of 3.8 out of 5 or its equivalent in the First Degree with a Minimum score of B+ in the Relevant Subject or its equivalent.
AREA OF WORK:
The 3 posts mentioned above are in either of the following Schools depending on areas of specialization:
• School of Materials, Energy, Water & Environmental Sciences(MEWES);
• School of Computational and Communication Sciences& Engineering (COCSE);
• School of Life Sciences and Bio-Engineering(LISBE); or
• School of Business Studies and Humanities (BUSH).
All the positions at NM-AIST require excellent communications, in spoken and written English.
SALARY SCALE: PUTS 2.1
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania • Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 1stDecember, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT