22 Forest Assistants III
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/247 27th July, 2020
On behalf of Dar-es-Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT), The National Institute of Transport (NIT) and Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites competent, experienced, and highly organized and self- motivated T a n z a n i a n s to f ill 26 vacant posts as mentioned below;
Tanzania Forest Services (Tfs) Agency
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency as a semi-autonomous Government Agencywas established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July 2010. TFS establishment is supported by the Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended in 2009, the National Forest and Beekeeping Policies adopted in March 1998 and administered through the Forest Act Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources.
TFS Headquarters is located in Dar es Salaam at Mpingo House, Ivory Room premises along Nyerere Road. TFS offices outside Dar es Salaam operate in seven zones as follows: Eastern (Kibaha- Kongowe in Pwani Region), Southern (Masasi Town in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Mbeya Municipal in Mbeya Region), Northern (Same Town in Kilimanjaro Region) Western (Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake (Mwanza Municipal in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma Municipal in Dodoma Region).The Headquarters is responsible for providing Zonal Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Agency’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
22 Forest Assistants III He/she will be responsible for providing technical support and enforce forest policies and legislations. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To collect tree seeds;?
• To carry out general nursery activities;?
• To carry out routine maintenance of forests;? and
• To conduct forest patrol.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or form VI plus a certificate in Forestry or Wood Industry from recognized institutions.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;?
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts;? postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;?
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;?
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;?
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;?
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;?
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);?
• Birth certificate;?
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;?
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;?
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;?
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;?
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;?
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;?
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;?
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);?
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;?
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary,Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 63100, Utumishi House,8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar EsSalaam;?
• Deadline for application is 9th August, 2020;?
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;?
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;?
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address;? http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)