2 Assistant Lecturers-Civil Engineering Department
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/247 27th July, 2020
On behalf of Dar-es-Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT), The National Institute of Transport (NIT) and Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites competent, experienced, and highly organized and self- motivated T a n z a n i a n s to f ill 26 vacant posts as mentioned below;
Dar-Es-Salaam Institute Of Technology (DIT)
Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) was established by an Act of Parliament No.6 of 1997 as a high technical training institution in Tanzania. DIT has a vision of becoming the leading provider of high quality engineering education, research and consultancy within Tanzania and the East African region. Among others, the mission of DIT is to provide the development and usage of appropriate technology that meets national, regional and international needs and standards through skills and practical- oriented training, research and consultancy. Besides, DIT is positioned to respond to a call by the President of 5th phase Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (URT), His Excellence Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli, to spearhead realization of industry economy by 2025, as spelt out in his inaugural speech to the Parliament of Tanzania on 20th November, 2015. .
Duties And Responsibilities
• To teach up to NTA level 8 (Bachelor Degree);?
• To prepare learning resources for tutorial exercises;?
• To conduct research, seminars and case studies;?
• To carry out Consultancy and community services under supervision;?
• To supervise student’s projects;?
• To prepare teaching manuals;? and
• To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Master of Science in Architectural Engineering or related field with Bachelor of Science or Advanced Diploma in Architectural Engineering or Studies both with GPA of 3.8 and above from any recognized Institution.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale PHTS2/1
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;?
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts;? postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;?
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;?
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;?
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;?
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;?
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);?
• Birth certificate;?
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;?
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;?
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;?
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;?
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;?
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;?
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;?
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);?
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;?
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary,Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 63100, Utumishi House,8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar EsSalaam;?
• Deadline for application is 9th August, 2020;?
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;?
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;?
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address;? http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)