Youth and Gender Officer, Arusha Office
Jobs at:Focus Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Job
The Youth and Gender Officer will be responsible for developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies and creating gender awareness while developing gender initiatives that would position Focus Africa as a gender friendly environment. .
• Ensure Focus Africa has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
• Develop affirmative action plans that ensures Focus Africa is a leading organization in fulling constitutional requirement in matter of gender representation.
• Ensure Focus Africa has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
• Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in Focus Africa
• Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
• Collect data and maintain database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
• Source external financing for Gender activities and programme
• Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
• Offer advice to management on gender affairs
• Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
Job Skills : Not Specified
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
• Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming
• Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications to be sent via email to [email protected] to reach us by 17th May 2021 5pm.