Supervisor - Emergence Response (16629)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor - Emergence Response
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Superintendent - Emergence Response
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide support to ensure the operation of the Geita Gold Mine is not adversely impacted by emergency issues. To be responsible for maintaining emergency response program on Geita Gold Mine site to a standard that is compatible with international practice and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective way.
Certificate in Secondary Education or above
Certificate in mine rescue operation issued by accredited authority
Minimum of 3 years in mining operation open and underground rescue field.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Attend all emergencies that may arise on site.
• Attend, cooperate fully to all organized Training with subordinates, rescue team members, mine employees including contractors on site
• To serve as a member of the mine rescue team on site and show commitment
• Participate on fire and evacuation drills for GGM & contractors on site
• Conduct equipment inspection and manage safe storage and readiness.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly activity plans
• Maintain rescue equipment prior, during and after any use and make sure all arranged and ready for the next use
• Comply with site critical controls standards as per requirement
• Abide with ERT objectives and targets given by Management
• Fire fighting
• Rope rescue
• Confine space
• Driving license class E
• Able to drive emergency vehicles including fire truck
• Swimming experience
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor - Emergence Response”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 24th August 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=dSqwFWWn3m0Q9CKK5oMhYKOp82%252b8wbO1Ii4ta1a7ZU4%253d