Superintendent 2 – Environmental Compliance & Monitoring
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Superintendent 2 – Environmental Compliance & Monitoring
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Manager – Environment
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Management of the Environmental Management Systems, water, air, ambient noise and vibration, and chemical management ensuring that environmental legal compliance, performance and certification is sustained. Also, to oversee the implementation of the approved Environmental Management Plan in line with GGML’s objectives, policies, and AGA standards as well legal and other requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences/engineering, or any related field.
• At least 3 years senior position working experience in the environment systems management – monitoring and compliance.
• Working in the Mining industry is an added advantage
• Manual transmission Driving competency is mandatory for this position
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Legal Requirements, Company Standards and other Requirements:
Assist in implementing the company’s Air Quality, Water, Waste and Chemicals Management Standards
Assist in driving the compliance with mine closure legal and other requirements.
Environmental Management Plan (EMP):
Superintend the implementation of approved EMP
Lead in updating the EMP in compliance with legal and other requirements
Drive the implementation of the Environmental Management System to maintain ISO14001 certification.
Compliance with legal and other requirements:
• Carry out evaluation of compliance at a predetermined frequency.
• Engage a consultant to carry out external compliance review at a predetermined frequency
• Oversee the implementation of plans of action to close out non compliances
• Liaise with legal team to update the legal and obligations register.
• Assist in securing environmental permits/licenses/approvals.
• Supervise the data collection exercise to ensuring QA/QC is followed.
• Oversee data analysis ensuring correct information is derived
• Recommend and implement approved practical and cost-effective corrective and preventive measures to address exceedances found.
Inspections and Audits:
• Coordinate and participate in government, corporate and third-party environmental audits as well as driving internal environmental inspections and audits.
• Coordinate the implementation of agreed plans of action to address the findings in a timely manner.
Environmental Risk Management:
Identify new risks and timely update existing risk details in the risk management data base.
Environmental incident management:
• Superintend the reporting of incidents r ensuring they are reported and uploaded in the incident database in a timely manner.
• Oversee the implementation of agreed corrective and preventive action.
Training and Awareness:
Ensure all staff and contractors are trained at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
• Ability to assess and evaluate compliance with legal and other requirements.
• Ability to use a range of tools including applications and software to analyse environmental data to validate accomplishment or identify opportunities for improvement.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive environmental reports
• Ability to coordinate environmental tasks/projects involving different internal and external stakeholders.
• Advanced excel for closure liability estimate updates
• Ability to prepare and deliver environmental presentations to a different type of audiences
• Solving problems and making decisions
• Managing changes
• Managing tasks/projects to completion
• Demonstrating ethics and integrity
• Communicating effectively
• Developing, coaching, and mentoring others
• Valuing diversity and differences
• Managing effective teams and work groups
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Superintendent 2 – Environmental Compliance & Monitoring”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 29th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=AGAprod&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=17297&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&browserTimeZone=Africa/Nairobi&_s.crb=oYHjYT5B4SJuzwYxWZ2kzpXrjKwRm1CkOhVi%2fCMnER8%3d