Story board Artist
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Storyboard Artist
Team Leader: No
Work Remotely: No
Travel Required: No
Reports To: Animation Co-ordinator & Head of Production
Contract Type: Project
Organisation: Ubongo Learning
Number of Posts 1
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 31 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, and Kinyarwanda. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages including Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Twi. This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We are looking for a Storyboard Artist. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible StoryBoard Artist to expand and improve our animation department. You’ll work closely with our Animation Coordinator and Head of Produce to ensure quality of the content and products we create, turning a script into a compelling visual story that will then be used to make our beloved animated shows.
Storyboarding from Script
• Working with script writers and animation coordinators to continuously find innovative and simple ways to make storyboarding more efficient and fun!
• Embody and promote Ubongoers’ principles and comply with communication norms.
• Working with coordinator and script writer making sure the script is understood.
Storyboarding with objective
• Take Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me scripts and turn them into a compelling visual story: tell a great story through your drawings
• Ensure that all products move us toward Ubongo’s vision of helping 440 million kids in Africa learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
• Ensuring the learning objective of the story is achieved and follow up on comments to meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications Essentials:
• Experience in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Storyboard Pro.
• Experience in freehand drawing.
• Strong artistic ability, and knowledge of how to present visuals in a convincing way.
• Willingness to consider and learn different/new artistic styles outside the “comfort zone”.
• A strong ability to interpret scripts into drawings and fill in the missing details to make a panel or shot come alive
• Self-motivation and a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner and make significant progress without direct supervision.
• Ownership of projects including debriefing with team members
• Flexibility in adjusting to new work related requirements as they arise.
• Good time management and adherence to deadlines set.
• Exemplifies Ubongoer’s principles.
• Experience in using Adobe After Effects.
• Previous experience in working with animation companies.
• Previous experience in writing scripts.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://ubongo.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=42&source=ubongo