Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) to uphold human dignity, promote human rights, and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment, and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice and fighting gender-based violence. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, diligent, reflective, and result-oriented Senior Finance Officer to work on the execution and development of NCA’s activities in line with strategies, policies, and budgets in place.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the preparation and management of NCA Tanzania budgets
• Ensure completion and reconciliation of monthly accounts i.e., Bank accounts, Intermediate account, and the financial checklists.
• Analyse financial data and provide reports and analysis for the use of management.
• Participate in coordination and preparation of NCA audit exercise.
• Build capacity of non-finance staff and partners on NCA financial rules and regulations.
• Participate in NCA program partners financial monitoring and capacity building.
• Assist in the Preparations of the Annual financial statements.
• Assist in preparation of quality and timely financial reports for donors.
• Assist in preparation of quality budgets for funding proposals.
• Act as NCA Fixed Assets Custodian
• Any other duties as may be assigned by Head of Finance and Operations and/or the Country Director.
• Good Bachelor’s in accounting or finance. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least five years of working experience in accounting/finance of which at least two years should be in a senior finance officer level in a non-profit organization.
• Familiar with international donor agencies and governments grants administration.
• CPA qualified or its equivalent
• Proven experience in accounting/ finance
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
• Experience in building capacity and facilitating trainings in areas of expertise.
• The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/ tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels.
• Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
• Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point), Teams and various electronic platforms for finance and collaboration
• Systematic, analytical, dynamic, diligent, reflective and result oriented.
• Energetic and enterprising
• Team player with good collaboration skills
• Ability to train and build capacity.
• Good people skills, including relationship building with partners and donors.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummated with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.